The primary goal of the Covington Farmers Market is to provide a convenient and enjoyable location for approved vendors to
sell their Products as efficiently as possible.
To accomplish this goal, restrictions must be placed on the types of goods offered and on the level of supply of certain
Not being accepted as a vendor is nit necessatily a reflection of the applicant or the product offered; as the Covington Farmers
Market grows, and the demand for goods increases, an application once rejected may be reviewed and accepted in the future.
The Covington Farmers Market is a "producer Only market." all products sold by vendors must be
home-grown or home-made, and sold by the producer, a direct family member, or an employee with significant involvement in the
operation. The Covington Farmers Market offers food items only. Crafts may not be sold.
Suggestions for Prospective Vendors
- Prepared products should include some locally grown ingredients or have some cultural or historical link to this area.
- Please be specifiv in your application regarding what products you would offer.
- Products which are not represented at the Market or products which are under represented will be preferred over "more of the
General Rules and Guidelines
- The Covington Farmers Market is a "producer Only" event. All products sold at the Covington Farmers Market must be grown/coocked,
etc. by the vendor or immediate members of the vendor's family. The vendor may be an employee of the producer as long as the vendor
is involved in some aspects of on-site production
- Items may not be purchased and resold for profit at theCovington Farmers Market.
- Produce and prepared items not grown, cooked, etc. at the address listed on the application cannot be sold
at the Covington Farmers Market,
- All vendors shall allow a Covington Farmers Market representative to inspect their facility at a convenient scheduled time.
- All accepted vendors must have a Sales Tax Registration Certificate available at the St. Tammany Parish Courthouse Sheriff's Office
on Columbia Street in Covington. Those vendors who qualify for ememptions must have their exemption certificate and can get them on
line at the LA Department of Revenue.
- Hold Harmless Clause: All vendors participating in thr Covington Farmers Market shall be individually responsible for any loss,
personal injury, death, and/or other damage that might occur as a result of the vendor's negligence or that of its servants,agents
and employees. Because no insurance is providedto participants in the Covington Farmers Market each vendor is responsible for
his/her own product liability insurance.
- Space assignment is made at the discretion of the Covington Farmers Market Director. No Guarentee is made that a space will be
reserved indefinitely for a vendor. The location determined for the vendor by the director is not subject to dispute.
- Vendors should inform the market director at least 3 days before the market it they will not be participating in
that market. Call (985) 966-1786 or 892-3645.
- Rent Schedule: Rent of $60.00 per month ($75.00 per 5 week month) will be due on the first market day of the month and $5.00 on
Wednesday will be due that day at the market. Tables and bags will be provided for those who need them.
- A vendor's acceptance may be rescinded based on diminished quality of product, inconsistent attendance, or for other significant
- Absence from the Covington Farmers Market for four consecutive weeks will require a reapplication which may or may not be
done by telephone and will result in the loss of the vendor's space at the Covington Farmers Market. It is the responsibility of
the vendor to contact the Covington Farmers Market regarding his/her return.
Obtain an application from Jan Biggs at the Covington Farmers Market. This application must be completed by both established vendors
who wish to introduce a new product and prospective new vendors and returned to Jan Biggs. Prior to introducing a new product, a venor must
complete the appropreiate parts of the application form, and be approved for the new product. All parties interested in selling at the
Covington Farmers Market should expect a site visit from a representative of theCovington Farmers Market. Some vendors will also be expected
to attend a vendors-only food safety seminar when scheduled.
New Vendors and New Products Review
A review committee will meet at least once a month to select new vendors and new products fron existing vendors. In some cases a sample
of your product will be requested for tasting. Samples should be submitted in the form they are expected to be sold; that is, with
packaging, labeling, etc., in place.